About one third of the adult homeless population are Veterans. Help us make a difference for the homeless veterans in our community at LEGENDS Day of Hope, November 18th from 10-5 at Record Archive. This year, the Day of Hope is benefiting the 3 homeless shelters operated by the Veterans Outreach Center – Otto House, Richards House and Prescilla’s House. These shelters provide a safe, homelike environment where homeless veterans can get access to the mental health and supportive, transitional services they need.
Show your support at this year’s Day of Hope, by donating canned or boxed food items, clothing, blankets, and more. Find their full wishlist below. Drop off your donation at Record Archive on November 18 as we broadcast live from 10-5. The day will include live music by Jumbo Shrimp, Amy Montrois, Jon Lewis, Teressa Wilcox and more, plus food trucks and a Chinese auction, with all proceeds from the auction going to the Veterans Outreach Center. Learn more about the residential programs at the VOC here.
DONATION WISH LIST:
- Non-perishable food (boxed & canned)
- Ready to eat snacks (apple sauce, mac & cheese, Pop Tarts, granola bars, nuts, etc.)
- Backpacks/drawstring backpacks
- Travel size medicine (like Tylenol and Advil)
- Travel size toiletries (deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes)
- New or gently used hats, gloves and warm socks
- New pillows, queen & full size sheets
- Air mattresses
Thank you to our sponsors: